Sunday, August 19, 2012

pink pyrex

I am remembering a few years back, seeing loads of pink pyrex at yard sales and flea markets.  I never bought any because pink wasn't my color.  I now hunt the stuff like a mad woman, not for me, but for a lovely friend.  It seems to be impossible to find, and when I do it is so crazy expensive.

I found a set of these the other day for a few dollars.  They look like they may have had color at one time, but basically they were just white.

I decided to try painting the white casserole dishes pink.
I used this product....( I used this on my glass tile backsplash, which came out great)
I just dabbed on a couple coats....
I also decided to try some on the glass of a frame that I wanted to turn into a blackboard.
I then used a basic $4.00 can of spray paint....called Ballet Slipper.  I sprayed 3 coats.
I also sprayed a clear coat.
They look fabulous!  I only wonder how they will do in an oven?
Maybe these should be non-oven casserole bowls!
I think I will put them in the oven, and see how they do before shipping them out!

1 comment:

  1. they look beautiful... as all your work does, BUT let's make sure those windows are all open before you heat them up in the oven.

    Don't want you high on paint fumes (at least not unless i am there to laugh with you!)
    love,
    your safety officer

    ReplyDelete