Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Bedroom


So many spaces in our new dwelling need some love.
A first priority is the master bedroom.
When we are laying in our bed this is what we see....
a bit too sweet for Bob's and my taste.

Furnishings are a must; the room is a bit sparse.
It hasn't been easy trying to find furniture on a 2 mile X 13 mile island, 
with only one furniture store(which is super expensive)!
our sparse bedroom

I had an idea about the bedroom from the get go.
I have recently had a thing for teal.
I am using the peacock image above as my color inspiration.

I really love these spaces...

I like the warmth of this space

I love the crisp cleanness of this space





















I took a trip into Jacksonville to go to Pier One.
I bought this pillow for some inspiration.....
However,  I am still torn with whether or not I will go warm carmel color,
or a more cool scheme with linen and white. If I go with the latter the $40.00 pillow goes back.















I also found some neutral draperies that are linen and rafia,
 which would go great on a teal wall.















I also bought the bed which is picture below, on-line...YIKES!!!
I've never bought furniture on-line.
I hope that it turns out nice. I hope Island Bob can put it together!
I will post photos of the finished project soon! Over and out!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are enjoying Island life....

    I can't wait to see the finished product..

    ReplyDelete
  2. viva la teal!! i cant wait to see it-- i will keep eyes out for peacock genre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to invade your beautiful space with the boys. I'm sure we can mess it up real good!! Beautiful job as always. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete