Sunday, October 30, 2011

thrift-ing and sale-ing

Amelia Island is an island of pickers....no not noses, but stuff, especially vintage stuff....which is my passion.  All to often I am disappointed by the thrift stores down here.  I come home empty handed; I'm sad, Bob's glad.  I tried my luck this weekend with some yard sale-ing, and did pretty well. Most of the items are for my space in the antique shop, others will adorn my house.

creepy spider/web necklace $1.00, lovely vintage bracelet $1.00 - yard sale

vintage bracelet - heading to shop

awesome vintage perfume set $3.00 - yard sale

I love the graphics...so cool. Heading to shop....I think.

I love the drawings!

sweet little pot $2.00 - yard sale....keeping this!

made in England tea canister $1.00

2 plant pots, made in Brazil $1.00 each - heading to shop

Vintage Mc Coy pot - $1.00 - I think it's going to the shop...I really kind of like it.

Murano glass paper weight - $1.00 - yard sale - shop

bag $2.00, owl $1.00 - yard sale - shop

ok....sooooo cool leather duffle!!!! $5.00, yes, $5.00 - yards sale.
I am soooo keeping this!!!!

Chair $10.00 - yard sale - keeping

lamp $10.00 - yard sale,  keeping...needs new shade.
Decorative pot Goodwill Jacksonville $2.00

Trunk for Ivan's legos $1.00 - yard sale
After sale-ing I went to the farmers market...met a man from Vermont, who was selling syrup.
We giggled about our Northern friends, and the October Nor-easter! Will be back tomorrow with some designing news! Woot!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were driving home from Montreal this weekend... as we passed all the snow in the mountains (and into our yard)... i commented to JW, " you know, i bet Bob is waking up happy today thinking, when is my tee time?" hope you are loving it all.

    ReplyDelete