Friday, December 2, 2011

deck the halls....

with no-boughs of holly...and no real greens.
I would be all set, if I wanted to deck my halls with palm fronds.
Florida decorating is much different than Maine decorating.
Generally, my main Christmas decor is evergreen branches and berries....lots of them!
They are free and plentiful in Maine, but pretty much non-existant in Florida.

Here are some beginning shots of my seasonal decor...
To start things off,  I broke out my new Marimekko  table cloth!


I love this table cloth!
The candle holder is from a new local store that just opened.
I bought it on small business Saturday (you have to do your part)!

pretty!!!!

the birds are from last years after-Christmas clearance sales.
The reindeer candelabra is from Goodwill $7.00


shrooms and gnome from World Market, my new favorite store!

These are from World market as well. I love the colors and graphics.

rustic Christmas

vintage Christmas

I love vintage santas!!!!!!!


vintage elves, and carolers 

reindeers rock!


I made this light, based on a very expensive one I saw in a catalog.
Total price $5.99 for light kit(on clearance at pier one),
drum shade $3.00 at yard sale!!!!!!! Yes!
capiz shells from wind-chime $16.00.  Fabulous!

I loved the table cloth so much I took it off the table.
 I have a kid, and a Bob.....
There is no way it would have stayed white for long!

still pretty though!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....that's my conical sparkly tree's little cousin on your table, which, Julie, is truly magnificent!!!!!

    are all those vintage Santas new??? I really want you to meet my friend Lynda in Tampa; she has every Christmas item known to womankind!


    we miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete