Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday's at the shop

I am going to try to do a little organization by days with my blog to keep me on task.
I think Wednesdays will be a post about the shop, and what I am doing there.
Lately, I have been painting starfish...lots and lots of starfish!

on pillows

orange, and blues!

on tote bags.

seahorses too!

shell collecting sacks.

dining chairs

lots and lots of starfish


I will glue a starfish to anything that doesn't move,
and boy do we sell a ton of them!
 Here are some basic tips on painting your own starfish,
because really, the world needs more and more starfish!
 Be sure to use the appropriate paint for whatever materials you are painting on!
I start with a basic cut stencil.

I layer many colors.

Using many colors and shading give it dimension.

I used up to 5 paint colors for these starfish.

always add a bit of the complementary colors to give it a pop!

The finished product...a ring of starfish!
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment