Monday, October 8, 2012

candids

It's been a while...life has been pretty "normal"....nothing overly exciting...
sometimes a lack of excitement  is ok.  Right?
I must admit, I miss Autumn.  I miss the color, the smell, the crispness of the air.  I miss the Common Ground Fair. I miss apple picking, wearing sweaters, and scarves.  I miss my Frye boots.

I've been keeping busy with the shop.  I have been doing lots of treasure hunting, and making loads of handmade goods.  I have been doing really well at the shop. I work there 3 days a week, my booth is thriving, and I really like the people I work with!
Not everything I find makes it to the shop....I found this great spice box. It needed a little love. Bob put a new back on it...found a piece of glass, and the jars are from a thrift store in Jacksonville. I am filling it with specimens. Yup, non-slimy specimens.



My original picture/painting wall is coming along nicely. It has quite an impact in my teeny tiny 1/2 bath.

I found this awesome set at our sister shop, Trailer Park Collectibles. It goes great with all of my vintage aqua! The best is that it was $12.00.
I found a few more members for my window sill collection! Other members seen at the end of the post here.


I do love Facebook. I have re-kindled a friendship with my best friend from high school. She is a lovely friend; she sent me a big bunch of lavender that she grows herself!  I love lavender!!!!!  It's my favorite scent(along with Gardenia).  I divided it up and put it through-out the house...it is just wonderful.


It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!Halloween is fast approaching. I do love Halloween! Check out the pillows I have been making!  I am using a black ink on linen, the stencil is borrowed from a friend. I am selling them in the shop.


Nesting season is upon us.....I have been working hard on re-vamping my art room/studio/woman cave/sewing room. I bought a new sewing table, and really set out to organize "the mess".
I will post photos soon. It 97.825% almost done.  Below is a small collection of vintage sewing/needle cases. I need more!!!!
 See you soon!  An average bog post take a bit over an hour; it's a lot of work!!!!  I would love to hear your comments below!!!!!


1 comment: