Saturday, October 20, 2012

Holy Hudson!

I am a lucky thrift-er, ask my friends...they will tell you!
Over my many years of thrift-ing and yard sale-ing, I have found loads of treasures.
Treasures that I have longed for, and treasures I never knew I needed.
I have always wanted a Hudson Bay Blanket. 
Who would have thought I would have found it on a HOT, Hot, Hot Florida Island.
                                     
 It's pretty old, but it is in perfect shape. The yellow has faded quite a bit. I did some research on line, and would guess the blanket is from the 1920's-30's. $60.00 - Yay!!!!!

I also found this cute little bird book. 25 cents
Check out this amazing cookbook! Ever recipe sounds good....however, I have no idea where I will ever get ham hocks, pigs feet, frog legs, or rabbit! There are a few other ingredients I have never heard of. The book is loaded with great stories, and folklore. 25 cents
 I found various bottles and a great canister....$2.oo for the canister, the little bottles were free.
 I found this old cigar press....I have no idea what it's worth...I must do some research. $5.00
 fiesta ware cups....25 cents each.
Old manual typewriter. $4.00 (if only I have paid attention in typing class)(Hi Judi)!
 I got some very cool old whisk brooms. I love these! I see a new collection in the making.
The bottom left was hand made in Georgia, the right handmade in Florida. $6.50, and $1.00
 
The weaving and craftsmanship is amazing.
I did get other items...an old marine lantern, a vintage tennis racket, cookbooks, frames.....etc.
Overall, it was a fabulous thrifty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment