Tuesday, January 3, 2012

back from the brink

I have had the worst cold for the past 2 weeks!  It definitely put a damper on the holidays!!!
I have NO pictures of Christmas....so my little blog picks up a few days after.

I have been busy (in between my horrible hacking cough) making things for my little shop area.  Now that Christmas has passed, it is time to think spring!  This project is super easy, and very inexpensive.  It is a lavender planting kit.

The chalk board paint was the most expensive part of this whole project.
The quart was $9.00, but I have enough to do 1000 pots (if they are a hit).

I bought a big bag of soil, and portioned off bags for each pot.

The pots were 89 cents. 

the seeds are $1.19 a packet

I added ribbon and some rafia stuff, and presto....lavender planting kits.

Since I have been so sick, Bob has really stepped up to the plate.  He made a fabulous Christmas dinner, and ran around on Christmas eve, doing all of the little extra things that I couldn't get done.
 Ivan helped...he picked out breakfast at the grocery store.
the worlds most perfect foods.

donuts and bacon! woop!

I saw this basket in a little antique shop.  I will definitely be trying to copy this!!!! I love it!
I think they used puffy paint

I am starting to get my studio together...I love stuff! Lots and lots of stuff!

stuff in glass jars.  I need to be able to see my stuff.


I think I may have posted this meal in my other blog some time ago.
It's worth a repost because its so yummy. It's a take on Nicoise (minus the anchovies), which I love.
eggs, tuna, olives, onion, tomatoes, string beens, red potatoes

lettuce and a light balsamic

roast the potatoes, lightly steam the beans, hard boil the eggs.
 arrange all the ingredients in a pleasing arrangement. yum yum!

The above chocolate is gross. That's all I have about that.

Santa brought the game Qwirkle.  It is a great game!!!!!


I had to go out and harvest our oranges, since we are expecting a deep frost here on the island.
It was cold, hard, dirty work, but it had to be done.

 I managed to get them all in before the frost...phew, it was close!
I am hoping for a bumper crop next year...maybe 20-30 oranges!

I have been reading some great books lately..... I highly recommend them all!




I hope to be back on here soon with a new post!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment