Tuesday, January 17, 2012

painting tile...

is actually quite easy to do! I really didn't like the iridescent blue tile that was on the kitchen backsplash.  Yes, it is pretty tile, but for a pool.
when the sun hit the tile, it was crazy iridescent
basically you need some of this
(I bought it at Sherwin Williams)
before
after.....Taa Daa! I also put up a wooden shade;
I needed some natural materials  in the kitchen.
I know that some of you out there(is anyone out there?), will like the before better,
but, I really love the after!
The paint is from Sherwin William, it's called hearts of Palm.  
It is a vey light citrus green.


We had our first company!!!! Yay! We have friends!!!! They are the Riddel's.
They live in our neighborhood. Ivan, and their son Cole are in the 3rd grade.

Eating yummy ice cream sundaes...with cherries are:
Top: Ivan, then Cole, bottom is Camden.


 I taught an art class at Ivan's school today.  I taught the young-ins about Claude Monet.
They listened very well, and painted some great landscapes!
Overall it was a huge success, and I am a very "cool" mom. (snap fingers)

the girl in the upper left was so cute...
she kept chanting, "I love painting"', "I love painting".




I am constantly working on new items for the shop...here are a few.
scrabble tile art (quote idea from Becky, quote from this song)
lavender filled sleep pillows, a new hair clip, and decorative bottle

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment