Tuesday, November 8, 2011

around the house

The bathroom is 90% finished.....just the floor remains. I have a couple of throw rugs covering the icky vinyl for now.
I ended up spray painting the "cultured marble" sink(one day it wil be replaced).  I couldn't find any info on-line about painting cultured marble, so I just went for it. I used Krylon spray paint for plastic.
I was thrilled with the outcome.

I spay painted it white, with a high gloss finish. Bob replaced the faucets.
It was a basic redo....paint, new faucets, and shower curtains; cost ran about $120.00.
However, it was worth so much more to have a "newly-clean feeling" bathroom.
BEFORE...
AFTER....

I have always wanted this shower curtain, but never had a place for it. I do now, it's in the hall/Ivan's bathroom. It was very expensive for a shower curtain, but it's the first thing you see at the top of the stairs, and it makes me smile!


 I've been pretty home sick, and kind of blue.  I need to stay busy. I was going to set up my studio space up near the kitchen.  I thought it would be a great place....but not really. It is in between the 1/2 bath, and laundry room.


 We have a 3rd bedroom upstairs, which I wanted to make just a guest room for all our future lovely guests.  I have since decided to take it over (leaving space for a double size bed).  I am so happy! I think it's going to be great. I have loads more to work to do, but I am so excited!!!!

The room has great natural lighting, and wood floors. The walls are pink, but it's a light pink, and it's staying for now. I will just fill the walls with lovely images!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're homesick, but you know, I probably would be, too. I like what you're doing to your new casa. So neat--you're one talented lady, Julie. Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete