Friday, November 4, 2011

jacksonville shopping and bathroom redo

to buy our house, there were many redeeming qualities that helped us make the final decision. The porches, the windows, and the proximity to the beach, were just a few of the front runners. The master bath...not so much. It is pretty much a total re-do, but for now I am making some cosmetic changes to make it un-pink, and un-gross.
The floor is a pretty yucky stained vinyl floor, the sink is cultured marble(plastic),
which is impossible to keep clean, and the faucets are just plain gross.

There are some things that are pretty good....the best being... loads of natural light, and an operable window - yay! The lighting is also pretty good....3 different light sources!  Since lighting an ventilation are hands down the most important design element for any bathroom, I feel I am ready to do some updating, and make the bathroom fabulous. Below is the proposed color palette...

The bathroom is full of gray ceramic tile, which is in good shape and pretty neutral, so it's staying.

I started painting the bathroom a deep charcoal gray...which was a grueling decision...
Me, gray...very unlikely.
I LOVE IT.

It look so great up against the white!
I'll have more photos soon...not quite finished.... I did find some tiles that I love(see below)!!!!
The floor and counter tops are next.  I hope to finish by this weekend.


I went into Jacksonville today for a quick shopping trip.... had to go over the scary bridge!!!!

stopped at these 2 stores....love them!

This mall is fantastic. It's like a little village, and has killer stores, including Antropologie. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. you lucky dog....having a west elm store close-by!!!!

    Off to Julie O's today to do final garage purge......hmmmm sounds like a bad diet. It's cold here ane we envy you!! Love your brown/grey scheme for bathroom.

    ReplyDelete