Monday, November 7, 2011

randomness

We had our first shrimp boil here in the Zinchuk house.
I bought 5 lbs($19.99) of jumbo shrimp, freshly caught, from a man on the corner of 8th Street.
I really should have taken his picture, but I haven't gotten the courage to ask
 random fishermen for their photos.


It was really quite easy...boil some water, add your favorite seasoning,
and they were done in approx  5 minutes.
They were very yummy, a bit of work, but yummy!

We the Zinchuk's went for a walk on the beach today....kind of stormy, with amazing light.



OK, WARNING....this part is a little gross.
This was growing in our yard, it made me gag just a bit.
It's not there anymore...Island Bob disposed of it - "that was gross honey". Yes it was, Island Bob.

I must say I have been a bit home sick lately..... so imagine my happiness when a package from Maine arrived on my door step. It was from my lovely friend Carrie!


I love the Boden bag, and the cashmere wrap is just heavenly.
Thanks so much Carrie, I really needed this today!!!!!

Bathroom is almost done...photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENE YOU HAVE!! I CAN SMELL THE OCEAN FROM HERE IN THE PINEY WOODS OF POWNAL. JUDI HILTON

    ReplyDelete