Wednesday, November 30, 2011

getting ready

Ahh! The holidays are fast approaching.
Some times I have to remind myself that tomorrow,  yes tomorrow will be December 1st.
When there is no snow or super cold weather it's hard to think Christmas.
I plan on making loads of handmade gifts for those who appreciate the goodness of handmade
(believe it or not, some don't).

I saw this on Pinterest and knew that I could make some of these!
crochet wreath
I have made 2 and plan to make some more.  I like to crochet certain things (nothing that has to be straight or square). These are super easy, and fun!


Pretty cute huh!  These are in the shop to see if they will sell. I  priced them at $22.00.  The original inspiration is from Garnet Hill, I can just imagine what they charged!

I also put some of my silk flower hair clips in the shop.
I am trying out a new names for my little business.  I was thinking "Handmade Goodness", or maybe "Goddess Goodness"...what do you all think?

I also am making this into a wall hanging.....the first lyric was my first choice, but I was short two H's.
Bothersome!

 I ended up going with this John Lenon lyric..... I have glued down the tiles, and will mount it on a thin piece of wood, add a hanger, and presto....cool wall art.  I have someone in mind for this.

I bought a simply boring yet very comfy chair for the bedroom....super vanilla!
I love to dress chairs and tables.....layers, and layers.
The seat is a sheep's wool skin, that I have had since Ivan was a baby.
The back is a gorgeous piece of random woven wool that I got at a yard sale, and the top is a sample piece from an Angela Adam rug. Love it!
I am in the process of setting up my office/craft room.
I need table space, but didn't want to commit to anything yet (built-in - vs - wood tables).
I found this white table at  a thrift store for $5.00.
It ain't pretty! Yup, it's plastic!
No worries, it's nothing that a Crate and Barrel table cloth,
 and a vintage Vera table cloth couldn't handle.


Not that it matters to much, this is what the top looks like already!

I love Vera!!!!!! and layering linens! Ya'll give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. How about The Good Goddess? you sort of look like Julianna Margulies (sp?)

    ReplyDelete